Hello! I’m Vera
Occupational Therapist and Co-Directrice Ergo-Léman
I moved to Switzerland in 2005 with my husband and three children. I met and began working with Kristine Jaccoud in 2007 and have been working with children and their families ever since.
We formed Ergo-Léman as limited company together at the end of 2014, with a mission to provide high quality occupational therapy services and training to the local and international community in Swiss Romande and its environs.
What do I like about my job?
I love the variety and challenge of working with children and their families, and the multicultural environment of the Geneva and Vaud region. I enjoy helping children develop their skills and confidence by engaging them in fun and playful activities. My goal is for children to feel confident enough to persevere when faced with challenges, and for parents to feel heard and supported.
I also enjoy training and supporting therapists and watching them evolve into great practitioners. I am proud to be part of a constantly evolving service to the local and international community.
- I first worked in Oxford with adults with learning disabilities, helping make integration a reality by creating and accessing community-based activities. I particularly enjoyed working with theatre, dance and the arts as therapeutic media.
- I was Head Occupational Therapist at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford from 1994 until 1996.
- I then moved to West London where I worked in hospitals and community rehabilitation services.
- I also taught occupational therapy students at Brunel University.
- Qualified as an occupational therapist at Oxford Brookes University (then Dorset House) in 1988, in the United Kingdom.
- MSc from Sheffield University in 1994.